Another year and another trip by the Suzanne Barnes Design Team to the London Design Week, visiting 100% Design, Tent Design Junction and Decorex which showcase the latest in design. Here is a small selection of products that caught our eyes that we wanted to share with you.
1. Zoe Murphy – A young British designer used mid 20th Century furniture and recycles using creative imagery inspired by her local landscape of Margate.
2. Aditi Studios – Laerdal Pendant Light, the light collection is hand sculpted and decorated in Derbyshire using traditional methods made from mud, dust eclectic powders and fire; silk and glass, paper, water, steel, brass and iron.
3. Curiousa & Curiousa Glass Pendants – Esther Patterson, the founder of designs hand-blown, bespoke glass and bone china lighting. These single glass shades are free-blown to order.
4. Katie Walker – The Windsor Rocking Chair a contemporary classic design constructed from a single continuous band of steam bent ash with solid seat supported by turned spindles
5. Ceramic Art by Regina Heinz – Taking inspiration form the mountains landscapes of her home county Austria, Regina Heinz creates hand built sculptural ceramics, ceramic reliefs and wall pieces.
7. Lloyd Loom of Spalding – ‘The Elves & The Chairmakers’, Five designers visited Lloyd Loom and reinterpreted the classic chair designs and produced this wonderful exciting new collection.
8. John Galvin Furniture – Cambium Credenza, the drawers and doors are made from locally sourced Scottish Elm. The frame, base and drawer insides of the piece are made from beech. These innovative furniture pieces encompass contemporary design with quality craftsmanship all created in Glasgow.
9. Avenida Home – Alabaster Placemats & Coasters, Avendia team up with some of the world’s best loved artists to transform high-quality tableware into exquisite pieces of art which are handmade in England.
10. Boeme Design – Madame Pangon A printed velvet fabric. This fabric collection showcases its founder Jo Bounds love of painting and comprises of large scale designs and exquisite panels, printed on the highest quality base cloths and manufactured in the UK.